Thursday, May 3, 2007

Week 4 Handouts

I did the reading for the week 4 handouts. I found both articles very interesting reads. I liked the comparison between negotiation and selling something. I've always felt that negotiation is like selling something. You have to convince another person to "buy" what you are proposing to them. I was also intrigued by the article on anger in the negotiation process and how that can really be to someones benefit. I don't like to think that anger is the wining emotion but strength and an unwillingness to back down if something really is that strong to you. I know that I would not like to deal with an angry person and would be instantly opposed and turned off to the negotiation process if someone was showing me anger. I think about my ex-husband who has an anger management issue and how I hated to deal with him when he showed any anger. My response to an angry negotiator would be to speak to me when you've calmed down!

No comments: