Sunday, April 15, 2007

adjusting

Well, I first off feel bad because I have not been as active as I would have like to have been so far with the blogging. There is a lot going on in my life right now, and while that is not an excuse, it's been hard to adjust to the addition of being required to blog and not just post and respond to our normal classroom discussions. I keep having to remind myself and then forget again! Oh well! The first week of class is under all our belts and I feel better adjusted for next week!

I've finished this weeks reading. I find it interesting that the process of negotiation and conflict management is such a complex event. I never considered it so complex before. Even if we've never had "formal" practice in conflict management, we've all found ourselves in that position multiple times in our lives. When friends or family members are battling about something, we always end up negotiating solutions. Being teachers, supervisors, etc., we all practice some form of negotiating and conflict management on a daily basis. I'm a preschool teacher and we tend to just try to negotiate solutions so people don't end up hurt! The book is interesting to me, but it just seems like making a complicated idea out of something that seems so natural to me. Perhaps it's just me, but it's interesting.

I'm looking forward to the new week!

3 comments:

lisahub401 said...

I understand how you feel about blogging. This is new to me, but we will get use to it. Good Luck!

Myrna Sadalge said...

Hello Shannon.

I also find the material interesting, you're not alone.

PrettyTony31 said...

I thought I was the only one that thought this book was making something so simple so complicated. To me, too, it just seems that both parties need to feel as though they must walk away from the table willing to live with the end-result of their negotiation.

I guess it's simple in theory...