Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Frustrations and such

Well, I finished this weeks reading material. I'm having a lot of trouble with this book. I have ADHD and while I take medication for it, my mind has *a lot* of trouble focusing if I am not into the material. Information also will not stay with me for a very long time. This book is frustrating for me because I find it technical and uninteresting. I think it has valuable points, but I am not at all into the subject matter, nor the way the text reads. It's a struggle for me.

I also had some trouble taking the EQ assessment. I'm not sure if my Internet was just not working properly or what, but it was taking *forever* to have it load and then I couldn't get it to work completely. Frustrating! I'll try again today.

On a good note, my group has really connected, organized our roles, and developed a strong idea of what we are doing. Since I was originally nervous, it's really nice to have that coming along strongly. I also have a phone partner for this evening, so I look forward to that!

More tomorrow...

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Good luck with the groups and hang in there with the readings. There have been so many times that I couldnt stand the material that was in the text, but the nice thing about having a discussion board is you can sometimes get other perspectives on what the text has to say. One night when you have time and after reading the text take a look at what other classmates have to say. Alot of time things are quoted and put into senarios that make it much more easier to understand.

Danielle Torres said...

Don't worry, your not the only one having a difficult time with the textbook. I also have a hard time following the assigned text readings due to the technical vocabulary and sentence structure it uses to describe negotations. I normally find myself reading the same sentence twice but it helps to take notes on key topics.

Don't get discouraged, if all else fails, ask others what they got out of a certain chapter.

RLee said...

I feel your pain on not understanding the reading, or the handouts for that matter. I like Brenda's suggestion about reading our classmates thoughts in order to get a clearer picture. I find that if I write a blog about the chapters I've read it shows me that I at least grasped a little bit and I dont feel so discouraged. It also forces me to look at the text again (even if it is still over my head)Best of luck... just remember your not alone!

aprince22 said...

I am glad that you are enjoying our group. I feel that we have a strong group also and are really getting along with our project. Keep hanging in there, I know it is difficult but I also know that you can get it.